Already have a Username/Password for Atti della Accademia Peloritana dei Pericolanti - Classe di Scienze Fisiche, Matematiche e Naturali?
Go to Login
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Original research papers can be submitted to this journal by any member of the Accademia Peloritana dei Pericolanti (APP). The manuscript may naturally be co-authored by non-members as well. In this case any co-author who also is an APP member may act as "corresponding" author. If none of the authors is an APP member, a paper may still be submitted to the "Articles" journal section but it should also be formally endorsed by an ordinary or corresponding member of the APP Science Division. Before submitting their paper, the authors should then contact an APP member and ask her/him to read the paper and endorse it. Authors are invited to specify the name of the endorsing APP member in a cover letter to the Editor (or in the section "Comments for the Editor" at the bottom of the submission page). Authors should be aware that their manuscript will not be processed for peer review until the Editor receives an explicit endorsing statement from a member of the APP Science Division. This latter condition does not apply to "invited" papers such as those hosted in the section "Lectures and Colloquia" or in some special issues of the journal.
- Upon submitting their manuscript, the authors declare that the paper has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration. Exceptions to this rule are colloquium papers delivered as invited talks or papers containing material disclosed at conferences.
- The corresponding author contextually declares that, for papers coauthored by scientists from various institutions, all authors are familiar and agree with the contents of the manuscript.
The authors declare to be aware that the unacknowledged use of another person’s ideas, even unpublished, as well as the copying or paraphrasing of a text composed - and, possibly, published elsewhere - by another author yet presented as if it were one’s own work is plagiarism. The authors underwrite that, except where specifically acknowledged, no parts of the submitted manuscript have been copied from other authors or sources as well as from papers previously submitted for assessment by the authors themselves, and that any source employed in the manuscript, any paragraph or portion of text which has been excerpted from a scientific publication, the Internet, or other sources of information has been duly placed in quotation marks and correctly referenced in the footnotes and/or in the bibliography.
- Authors are invited to upload their manuscript as a self-contained PDF file with no specific typographical format (preprint layout). Once accepted for publication, the manuscript should be typeset by the authors in LaTeX.
- Authors are also invited to provide the names of up to three potential referees with the appropriate technical expertise, although the Editorial Committee will not necessarily approach them. Their email and postal addresses, phone and fax numbers should be provided as fully as possible. Authors may email this information to email@example.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.